There are so many types of windows to choose from if you’re building a new home or remodeling your existing home. Windows are an important part of your home; they help keep your indoor air temperature regulated while allow light to pass through into the rooms. Window placement should always be strategic and taken into account, but window type should also be considered.
Below are a few window type options to consider when remodeling or building a new home.
- Double Hung Windows. These vinyl windows have two sashes, making it capable to slide the top part down or the bottom part up.
- Casement Windows. These outward-opening windows function by the turn of a cranking mechanism. The hinges can be either on the left or the right.
- Picture Windows. This type of window is ideal for homeowners who want to let in the maximum amount of sunlight. Unfortunately, picture windows don’t open.
- Slider Windows. Situated along a track, slider windows have either one or two operating windows and do not require a hinge or crank mechanism.
- Bay Windows. The ultimate window for maximum light and relaxation is the bay window. These windows usually jut out of the side of the home in order to maximize the visibility of the yard.
If you’re interested in replacing your windows, contact our Wakefield and Peabody window replacement company today for reliable and professional services!