A lot of homeowners spend a lot ensuring their home is protected from most of the elements, but one of the smaller roles that should be given attention is your gutters. It may not seem like much, but your gutters play an important role in protecting your home. Your gutter system divert rainwater and melting the snow away from your home, and if damaged you will start to experience issues like water damage, ice damming, and rotting interior walls.
Your gutter’s lifespan will vary depending on the weather condition and how often you perform maintenance on it. The National Association of Home Builder estimates an average steel or aluminum gutter will last about 20 years. Every homeowner should consider cleaning their gutter twice a year to guarantee your gutter is working and to identify any issues that would turn into bigger issues in the future.
Here are 10 signs that your gutters need to be replaced.
- Mold starts to appear in your basement
- Water leaks into your basement
- If cracks start to appear on your home’s foundation.
- If your gutters are dented, bent, or have holes and cracks.
- There is standing water in your gutters
- If your gutters start to sag or pull away from your home.
- The paint on your home starts to peel and corrode the area behind the gutter.
- Your gutters have rusted.
- If multiple puddles of water start forming around your home.
- If you can see gaps between gutters and where they attach to your home.
The summer and fall are the best times to have Robbins Roofing inspect your gutter system. We will assess if your gutter system is working properly and can replace them if need be. If you have any questions about replacing your gutters, please contact Robbins Roofing today at 781-246-3634